This spicy fish soup will take your taste-buds on an exotic adventure.
The ingredient of Fijian fish soup
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 brown onion, peeled, quartered lengthways, thinly sliced
- 5 green shallots, trimmed, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh ginger
- 1 large fresh long red chilli, halved, thinly sliced
- 1.75L (7 cups) water
- 1kg bream fillets, skin removed, cut into 2cm pieces
- 60ml (1/4 cup) fresh lemon juice
- 100ml coconut cream
- 1/2 cup fresh coriander leaves
- Salt & freshly ground black pepper
The instruction how to make Fijian fish soup
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until onion is soft.
- Add green shallots, ginger and chilli. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until shallots begin to soften. Add water, cover, and bring to the boil over high heat. Reduce heat to medium. Stir in fish and lemon juice. Simmer, uncovered, stirring occasionally, for 4-5 minutes or until fish is just cooked.
- Stir in the coconut cream and coriander. Taste and season with salt and pepper. Serve immediately.
Nutritions of Fijian fish soupcalories: 177.338 calories
calories: 11 grams fat
calories: 3 grams saturated fat
calories: 1 grams carbohydrates
calories: 1 grams sugar
calories: 19 grams protein
calories: 71 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 84.77 milligrams sodium