Create a new family favourite with this cheesy chicken bake.
The ingredient of Cheesy Caprese chicken recipe
- 1 1/2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 large skinless chicken thigh cutlets
- 3 eschalots, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/2 cup tomato puru00e9e
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh oregano, plus extra leaves to serve
- 250g cherry tomatoes
- 1 1/2 cups dried risoni
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 2 teaspoons finely grated lemon rind
- 10g butter
- 1/2 cup grated pizza cheese
The instruction how to make Cheesy Caprese chicken recipe
- Preheat oven to 200C/180C fan-forced.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a deep ovenproof frying pan over high heat. Add chicken. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes each side or until browned. Transfer to a plate.
- Add remaining oil to pan. Add eschalot and garlic. Cook, stirring, for 2 minutes. Add vinegar and sugar. Cook, stirring, for 1 to 2 minutes or until mixture thickens slightly.
- Add puru00e9e and oregano to pan. Bring to the boil. Add tomatoes. Return chicken to pan. Season with salt and pepper. Bake, turning halfway through, for 15 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- Meanwhile, cook risoni in a large saucepan of boiling, salted water, following packet directions. Drain. Return to pan. Add parsley, lemon rind and butter. Toss to combine. Season with salt and pepper. Cover to keep warm.
- Turn chicken top-side up. Top with cheese. Bake for 3 to 4 minutes or until cheese melts. Sprinkle with extra oregano. Serve with risoni mixture.
Nutritions of Cheesy Caprese chicken recipecalories: 605.387 calories
calories: 29 grams fat
calories: 9.5 grams saturated fat
calories: 38.9 grams carbohydrates
calories: 44.5 grams protein
calories: 166 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 375 milligrams sodium